Tuesday 16 April 2013

Peace for Nylon Guys Magazine




A couple of months ago I received an email, just before going to sleep, asking if I wanted to shoot for Nylon - I was really excited even though I didn't know what I was going to shoot.

After a couple of emails, they asked me if I was available on Monday (I think this happened on a Thursday)  to shoot Peace in Glasgow. I work full-time but I had taken the day off because it was my birthday the next day, so luckily enough I was able to say yes.

This was my first band shoot so the day before I was quite nervous, mainly because I wasn't sure how I was gonna direct them and didn't really want to turn it into a fashion shoot. Once I arrived to Glasgow it all went very well, met the band and the guy who was gonna be interviewing them and we all headed to the location I had in mind (some Glaswegian massive buildings, of course). I shot for around 20 minutes and that was it! The guys were playing that night in Glasgow but, living in Edinburgh, I couldn't go (reminder to myself - move back to Glasgow).

The shot and the interview is now out on the May issue of Nylon Guys. There are more pictures at bigger size on my website!

Thanks to Rachel Lamb for coming with me and helping! Make sure you check her photographs!

Also, if you're reading this and happen to be an editor of a music magazine message me on contact@igortermenon.com. Now I can say that I'm available for music commissions :D

No comments: