Sunday 2 June 2013

Sunday Zine Review #91: I leaned on the wall and the wall leaned away by Sannah Kvist


SEE Project is an online gallery and publishing house based in Seoul, South Korea. They recently sent me a few zines to review, after having collaborated with them for the zine festival they organised a few months ago called Zine Pages, where Girls on Film was exhibited.

The first zine I've decided to review is I leaned on the wall and the wall leaned away by Sannah Kvist. Sannah is a Swedish photographer who is also a train driver! Taken its title from the lyrics of The National's song "Slow Show", this photo zine documents Sannah's life during this last year.

What first attracted me about the zine was the warm colours and the use of light in Sannah's photos. After flipping through its pages, I checked her website and saw that it is something quite recognizable in her work.

With all the beach images, sunset moments and yellow tones, I leaned on the wall and the wall leaned away is the perfect photo zine to welcome June!

You can check all the previous reviews here and follow Sunday Zine Review on FB. If you want to have your zine reviewed, leave a comment below or drop me a message to igortermenon@gmail.com

No comments: