Sunday 4 November 2012

Sunday Zine Review #53: SNAP! Magazine 18


SNAP! is a free quarterly magazine founded by Hannah Byrne and Shayl Prisk. I hadn't heard about it until a month ago when I came across the cover of the last issue on Facebook. I instantly fell in love with Maurizio di Iorio photo and email Hannah to find out how to get a copy.

SNAP! is distributed in stores across Canada, New York City and London, but if you live anywhere else you can also get a copy paying for postage only.

When I got my copy of the magazine I was really impressed by the quality of the paper and the size (10 x 14 inches). If I saw it somewhere I would never thought it's actually a free publication.

The second thing that impressed me was the editorial line of the magazine. The selection of photographers is amazing and the articles and interviews are definitely worth a reading.

The topic of the Fall 2012 issue is "road trips", a great theme to say goodbye to the summer months. There are several fashion editorials inspired by this theme, shot around the world by different photographers. This issue also presents interviews with a flight attendant and with photographers who have a strong relationship with the road.

My favourite feature has to be the Marie-Christin Stephan's photo essay about the contemporary explorer culture, linking it to the traditional explorer portraiture. You can find more about it on her website.

SNAP! 18 is available online here. If you're interested in getting a copy, all you need to do is send an email to info@snapme.ca

*You can check all the previous reviews here and follow Sunday Zine Review on FB. If you want to get your zine reviewed, leave a comment below or drop me a message to igortermenon@gmail.com*   

No comments: