Saturday 4 August 2012

Sunday Zine Review #39: Anteroom by Michela Heim

Link


I discovered Michela's work a couple of years ago. In fact, she was one of the first photographers to have her work published in Girls on Film. In Anteroom, Michela has documented the last 10 years of her life, compiling a selection of photos taken between 2002 and 2012.

If you read my blog regularly, you would have probably seen that some of my favourite photographers are those who use the camera as a tool to record their personal experiences. I love the way Michela does this, using soft tones and creating dreamy atmospheres around the places and subjects she captures.

Browsing through the 80 pages of the book really makes you want to be in all those places Michela has photographed and also wonder who are the people she has portrayed.

The book quality is so nice, printed on beautiful matte paper and perfectly bound. If you're interested in buying a copy, you can find more information about the book on Michela's site.

Thanks Michela for sending the book!

*You can check all the previous reviews here and follow Sunday Zine Review on FB. If you want to get your zine reviewed, leave a comment below or drop me a message to igortermenon@gmail.com*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I like ur blog pretty much and id like u 2 visit my new blog.
http://whereinfinitybegins.blogspot.com
Follow it if u like it
PS sorry 4 my bad english